• COP George Akuffo Dampare will officially start acting as Ghana’s police chief on August 1
• His appointment has been hailed by most security sector watchers
• Prof Kwesi Aning of KAIPTC says he will crucially need two peers to succeed in the role
Commissioner of Police George Akuffo Dampare would need the support of the entire police service and of all Ghanaians at large to succeed in the role he takes up on August 1.
• Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin has warned persons threatening MPs over an anti-LGBTQ+ bill
• He specifically mentioned diplomats who he cautioned to desist from trying to teach Ghanaians how to live our lives
• Bagbin says the bill will be passed soon because it had the support of all Ghanaians
Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin has stressed that come what may, a bill seeking to criminalize same-sex relationships and its associated variants will be passed
The Ningo-Prampram District Assembly (NIPDA) has given the assurance that it would continue to support real estate developers in the area to develop more houses as one of the measures to prevent the creation of slums in the area.
Director-General of the National Sports Authority (NSA), Prof Peter Twumasi has described the hosting of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games as a victory and opportunity for the world, athletes and Ghana to conquer the coronavirus.
Mr Ronald Gerard Strikker, the outgoing Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Ghana, has bid farewell to Madam Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has urged graduands of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) to use their intellect and knowledge to address society's problems and finding solutions that would benefit every citizen.
Aggrieved farmers within the Ahafo North Mine catchment area of Newmont Ghana Gold Limited (NGGL), Ahafo Region have appealed to the government and relevant stakeholders to intervene for the mining company to pay them adequate compensation packages.
Dr Festus Aubyn, a Security Analyst, has lauded the decision of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to appoint Commissioner of Police (COP) Dr George Akuffo Dampare as Acting Inspector General of Police (IGP).
Some 1,500 birds are to be culled on an animal farm in Denu in the Ketu South Municipality as the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) works around the clock to end the spread of bird flu in the Country.
• Ghana’s proposed anti-LGBTQ+ law continues to generate reactions
• Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin has openly backed the bill and says the house will pass it
• But Madina MP says whatever the speaker says about it are his personal views
The Member of Parliament for Madina, Francis-Xavier Sosu has submitted that Parliament as a house has yet to take a position on a draft law seeking to ciminalize Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer activities in the